Saturday, February 14, 2009

The breaking day


I wake while others sleep, but do not wake slowly. Once i have fallen out of dreams, i am immediately, fully awake. Maybe there is a minute of sitting on the side of the bed, focusing my eyes, but it is only posturing.


When last we left, we were bound for Chicago on Thanksgiving vacation. Now, back at work, things are business as usual. My employer announced huge layoffs recently (in good company there, as employers everywhere are doing daily now). There is no certainty, only a bit of anhedonia at CoH.


Some unseasonably warm weather has blessed the locale. Warm winter days are possibly my favoritest season. You have beautiful, blistering vistas, but none of the pesky, biting bugs that mar the warm summer months. My hiking companion and i visited Knob Noster as well as more local spots which during the summer are almost inhabitable.


A deep forest trail is apparently the best place to spot a stealth bomber. They fly out of a miltary base adjacent the park, going, i guess, to iraq or afghanistan.


There is no particular theme here today. Just a general update before the world's alarm clock goes off.

1 comment:

JLH said...

Good to hear from the CoH, and to see the lovely photo. I agree with you about warm days in the winter. No bugs, yay! tHOUGH THERE WAS A HUGE fly in my bedroom the other day, and oin the backyard yesterday I saw swarms of little midge-like insects. Amazing how they come out.