Saturday, August 23, 2008

Civilized 1, Bohemian 0

After enduring due derision from essentially every vistor, I got myself a bit more civ'lized, home-stylewize. I found these structures, flanking the patio doors in the picture, which allow one to layer books on top of one another, thus maximizing storage capabilities of living quarters.


So, for example, those two 'chestnut' structures in the included figure just about precisely hold all the books that previously trimmed my primary living space. Now I suppose the next addition is a machine that sucks up dirt.... sort of creates a, how would you say, vacuum of air around the detritus about the perimeter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Bohemian is GOOD, in my book, and minimalism is a style (as is Brutalism, whatever that is), but there is also a small measure of domesticity and comfort and style that is nice, and this room looks really inviting to me. I'd like to live in such a room. Maybe I need to get rid of some clutter, which has a magnetic attraction to my being. Very very nice. And I like having a photo that shows more of your place than a strip along the floor. Farewell antifrieze, welcome structures! (By crawling around on the floor and dusting off wires and pushing plugs in and the like I somehow reclaimed my connectivity, though not yet the landline.)